Hingham, Massachusetts - US
The Graphic Production Artist produces printed and digital marketing materials for various stakeholders. The production artist must be able to work quickly and efficiently, while maintaining an attention to detail, and will be responsible for preparing all art files for final output, be it print, electronic media or image retouching. He or she will need to be able to handle a wide number of projects and deliverables, be highly organized, communicate effectively, accustomed to working on multiple projects at a time, and comfortable working within established brand standards. The artist must be able to solve problems on their own and pride themselves not only on the quality of their work, but on their speed, accuracy and productivity, and on finding new efficiencies in their workflow.
- Execute technically accurate electronic mechanicals for a wide range of projects, including but not limited to catalogs, marketing collateral and retail web site email campaigns.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of files that are created and sent to print publications and vendors.
- Work closely with art directors and print production staff regarding specifications for each project. Review file specifications prior to release and ensure adherence to standards of both the company and its vendors. Preflight, collect and distribute artwork for all projects.
- Slice and optimize images for use on the web.
- Retouch and mask digital photography for print and web.
- Produce new materials for branded projects from existing layouts.
- Produce banners and signage for tests, executive reviews and retail store utilization.
- Assist internal partners in retail, direct, web and marketing departments with large-scale projects and initiatives.
- Create comps of catalogs and various marketing collateral as requested.
- Create schematics and manuals of signage, promos, window displays and visual style guides.
- Post PDF files of final projects to company intranet.
- Maintain all creative department digital assets and server folder structure.
- Attend weekly catalog/store/web team meetings to improve synergy among channels
- Complete project time tracking for all work.
- Discover efficiencies in current processes and improve them to streamline workflows.
- Monitor and analyze competitors, as well as other retail leaders, and share findings with extended creative team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 2-4 years experience with print and digital production in a retail environment.
- BachelorÔ€™s Degree, or related degree, from an accredited university.
- Proficiency with Macintosh systems and Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Skilled in creation and optimization of web graphics.
- Competency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Scene7.
- Ability to transfer and download files via FTP.
- Knowledge of industry standard printing practices.
- Operation and maintenance of desktop scanners and large format printers.
- Sense of design and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adhere to schedules and work independently.