Hingham, Massachusetts - US
The primary responsibility of this position is to audit, analyze and administer the company‚€™s financial obligations in compliance with all lease provisions for Talbots‚€™ benefit for over 500 retail store locations, subleases and office leases. The position interfaces with Talbots‚€™ landlords as well as with the following internal Talbots‚€™ Departments ‚€“ Legal, Store Administration, General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Insurance, and Maintenance Department systems.
Responsible for an assigned territory of stores to ensure that all of the company‚€™s lease related payments are made in compliance with lease terms and Company Policy, including the following:
- Review and analyze Rent, Common Area Maintenance, Real Estate Tax and miscellaneous occupancy invoices and review lease language to challenge and resolve Landlord invoicing.
- Maintain and update CoStar Real Estate system as needed
- Research and analyze Landlord/Tenant accounts for past due variances. Resolve discrepancies with Landlords.
- Make recommendations to RE Manager for potential Audit candidates as issues or concerns are discovered.
- Ensure current escrows are reasonable based on prior years actual expenses.
- Participate in department meetings as well as meetings with other departments(budgeting/accruals)
- Perform more in depth desktop audits of Common Area Maintenance, Real Estate Tax and miscellaneous occupancy invoices with a focus on controlling and reducing Store Occupancy costs as needed.
- Authorize, as needed in the absence of the Manager, Lease Administration:
- Monthly recurring and weekly miscellaneous lease related payments through the Accounts Payable Interface
- Assist Real Estate manager with ad hoc projects as needed
- Assist internal departments and the field organization with Lease interpretation dealing with Landlord repair issues and Common Area Maintenance responsibilities.
Internal and External Relationships:
Real Estate & Legal, Store Planning & Design, Construction & Store Maintenance, Store Administration, Accounts Payable, General Accounting and Marketing.
Landlords and Landlords‚€™ Representatives
Number of Direct Reports and Titles:
- Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of four years college with a degree in business, accounting or related field and a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience in the Lease Administration field preferably with a large retail chain.
- Extensive knowledge in interpreting commercial retail leases.
- Proven experience and success in performing desk-top audits with a demonstrated ability of cost savings.
- Computer skills to include a strong background in maintaining a Lease Administration software system, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Excellent written and communication skills required for interfacing with various internal departments and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment and on several projects concurrently as well as possess good organizational, writing, oral, analytical and record keeping skills.